We welcome the Guidelines for Disclosure and Transparency in Private Equity issued by the Guidelines Monitoring Group (the Walker Guidelines). The Guidelines make recommendations in three areas:
- disclosures by portfolio companies above certain size thresholds;
- disclosures by the private equity firms which manage the investments in such companies; and
- recommendations for the BVCA, including greater collection and dissemination of industry-wide data.
EFS Consultants (EFS) does not manage investments in any portfolio companies to which the Guidelines apply and so the disclosure requirements on us as a firm also do not apply. However, we have voluntarily sought to comply with the Guidelines of the countries in which we operate wherever possible. In particular this website includes:
A description of EFS, its history, investment approach and investment holding periods, illustrated with case studies:
- the names and brief CVs of all the partners and executives of EFS;
- a description of our significant portfolio companies; and
- a description of our funds and our investors.
Additionally we confirm that:
- appropriate arrangements are in place to deal with conflicts of interest. EFS has no corporate advisory capability;
- reporting to investors is of the utmost importance to us and we have regard to the EVCA reporting guidelines;
- valuations are prepared having regard to the IPEVC valuation guidelines; and
- we are complying fully with the BVCA’s enhanced data collection programme.